ping CBHvac...mold question

you've been an awesome help on some of my previous a/c questions, so i've got another one along those lines for ya :-)

my boss left his car windows down when it rained, and mold has taken over his car...this isn't just a little here and there, it coated the whole interior and trunk with a thick layer of the shi'ite. steering wheel, radio, dash, shifter, etc. any ideas on how to rid the car of the mold? we thought about Lysol and a major amount of dessicant, but i'm not sure that's gonna do it...

thanks!

travis

Reply to
Travis Thompson

Heat would be good that will nail it but the Lysol would be good. If it's in the under lay you might have to strip the whole vehicle out.

Good luck

Reply to
Mayhem

Bleach!

Reply to
Brian Wilkinson

He asked how to kill mold. Done rambling on about something in blah blah blah blah blah

Reply to
Brian Wilkinson

Well.... Been there....done that....

First, clean every plastic and metal part with Castrol Super Clean..its gonna clean like you havent seen a while....

Then, take the seats out, all of them, and unless its gotten to the point its into the foam, (prob) mix one part super clean, to one part vinegar, and

2 parts water...use an exraction machine and clean ever bit of the carpet, TWICE, and the seats twice.. Get the seats in the sun, for a few hours...not all day, but a few hours...and while that is going on, spray EVERY inch of the inside with Lysol, or other spray that will kill various molds.. He had a problem before if it took over that fast... But, after that, get the evap coil serviced on the AC, and if you need the kit, I can ship you one...it aint cheap, but its the best damn thing I have ever used, and solves the old problem of getting to the evap coil. Its a 3 part process...and it works...and if you have dirty sock syndrome...when your AC stinks for a while..this solves it..

Its a pain in the ass man..but it CAN be done.

Reply to
CBHvac

Hey man, leaving me out?! I have been hear just a long (name change as well, with the sale other camaro). I feel shunned. Yeah, it has changed alot here, notably the loss of Dennis to the group. Truely valuably loss.

Reply to
98 Camaro
98 Camaro rambled on about something in :

I try not to think of Dennis Scott. It kinda depresses me.

Sorry about leaving you out...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

In article , Thund3rstruck snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.comremove laments:

Like a certain 71 SS/RS poster...?

"pretty soon you're gonna get a little older. Time may change me; but I can't trace time."

David Bowie

Reply to
self

self rambled on about something in :

Like I said. Apologies....

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

self rambled on about something in :

Nice seeing you again, Opus.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

What happened to Dennis Scott? I stopped posting after I sold the Camaro but occasionally I lurk in here. Apparently I missed this one, so I'll ask again.

What happened to Dennis?

-Matt- (formerly w/'94 Z28 T-Top M6 Red/Black)

Reply to
matt borland

All right, not as bad as I'd thought... I figured there had been some sort of accident (but not in a 'CB rolling his Hemi Challenger' way) or a twisted tale of deceit like the Emily fiasco or the Mark Cochran saga...

At least Dennis is still apparently okay and who he claims to be...

-Matt- "..."

Reply to
matt borland

matt borland Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Lol. It's amazing how quickly the "Cockring" (As the spammers called him) mess went downhill and ended...

CB still wanders thru, gets jumped on, and then whines about getting jumped on. Seems he doesn't understand that his credibility among the older regs is gone forever.

I was gone for a bit when the Em stuff went south. From what I'm told, I missed quite the fight.

True. He was Dennis Scott and never felt he had to hide.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

He IS indeed who he claims to be, as Garry and I can attest to.

Reply to
CBHvac