PING MARTIN

Hi Martin, I need your expertise again if you don't mind. We are trying to set up a wireless connection an on my computer. We bought the Linksys . When
we downloaded there program it had an error and never downloaded but the computer thinks it did download and wont let us reinstall. We went to the add/remove and it will not delete. We made numerous calls to linksys and they cant direct us to the registry to delete this.Without being here to look at my registry do you have any suggestions for me? Thanks Martin.
Z GIRL
Z GIRL Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Hi Z.
Have you checked in c:\masters\win98 if it's a HP, or in c:\windows\options\cabs for the .cab files? A lot of the machines have the cab files there, so that things like this are easier to install. <G>
Also, I recommend making one hell of a WEP key. Remember, a random letter/number combination is the best.
NOI

Hey, how are you doing? Thanks for the info. This has been a pain in the butt. We have a extra port on our cable modem but Jim works from home and we are together a lot so I want a set up for me in the basement. Jim said yeah he will do a WEP key. Things seem pretty dead in here compared to what they use to be. I lurk a bit but never much going on. How is Bill btw?
Z GIRL
Z GIRL Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Yeah. You definitely want some sort of WEP code. This, in English, keeps everyone (in theory) but you and Jim off your network... <G>
Don't know. Haven't heard anything for some time...
NOI
<snip>

No biggie. Too bad you don't have a laptop, a hammock, and it being spring there. <G>
NOI
: Martin, I finally have my wireless connection up and running. Even though I : didn't end up needing the help I want to say Thanks for being there and : ready to help me out ! : NOI, Thank you too for the heads up on the WEP code. : : peace, : Z GIRL
Next thing you know, we'll have you setting up a RADIUS server and running 128 or 256 bit encryption.
Once again, let me stress that you should only open up as many IP addresses as computers you regularly use on the network. If you have one or two that you do not use on a regular basis, open up the netblock on an as needed basis. AND, make the IP Lease expirable per 24hr period or less.
Just my $.02,
I'm happy to be here for nerdy stuff if needed. (or cars, or firearms.) Speaking of firearms....anyone have a decent long barrel side by side 12ga. for sale?