Please Help

my boyfriend owns a 96 Camaro with 84,000 miles..the brake lights just stopped working.. the middle one that says camaro works but they other two dont.. he changed the bulbs and they work. the hazzard lights work
to.. can anyone please tell me how we can get them working again!
I'm confused. You say he changed the bulbs and they work. So what's the problem?