Power steering pulley lip ripping off!

So yesterday I made the bonehead mistake of stripping the threads on my crank.. No problem.. Retap, reinstall, outlast. So that's taken care of..
Well, the alternator/power steering pump bracket is broken so I'm taking off
everythign to replace it. Well? As I'm using the puller, it gets about 2 grooves over and it's doing it's thing and it starts getting easier. I think, "oh good, it's almost off," and I see that the puller is starting to get a little cockeyed.. no sweat.. back it off and see what's a matter. The lip on the pulley is ripping off! So now what am I to do? I guess i could get out my dremel and cut it off.. sounds like a pain to me.. I obviously can't get the puller back on there.... So now what? Anyone ever have something like this happen?
I'm pissed.
Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks..
-Bruce 1989 Firebird 305 TPI
Are you using a powering steering pulley puller? Sounds like you are using a regular puller.

off
The