Power window relays

Page 2 of 2
man guys I am sorry all these experts...drives me nuts....all I did was replace the carpet, the wires were there......NEVER WILL I ASK ANOTHER QUESTION
I'm Right you were right....my GM dealer confirmed this....any protections are built into the motors, earlier models had the relay....
says...

its was the wires that ran to the power window switches...
and there are no relays.....
The wires ran down the side of the driver side of the car, under the wire covers, crossing under the seats to the console.
I am.........REALLY SORRY I ASKED THIS QUESTION IN HERE......................

Not for nothing but this is only a discussion board. Why should you be sorry or get upset at what someone posted?
This is a great thread for me, arguements aside, I found out that some gen 2 cars use relays for the windows and some don't. Of course the 2nd gen cars that I owned didn't have relays at all. Mine used bicepwristticulators :-)
I am done here.....
will delete the link and advise people in my clubs not to come here...

That's fine. If you can't take a little critisism then you most likely don't belong in any group to begin with.
And just so you know, you really, really, really, hurt my feelings with the childish little display of... " I'm sick of you and I'll never come back to your group ever". A real man/woman (which are you?) wouldn't have bothered even posting, they would have just left and advised others not to come here.
considering the fact that your email address is HIGHLY ILLEGAL
Anyone spelling CAMARO with an E in it should be stuffed up a mustangs muffler.
wrote:

wire

Ya, whatever. Do you think that you are the first to have noticed this? I used to use the incorrect spelling as my sig. Do a search in the newsgroups and you'll find out what it's all about.
hmm.. you too? And here I thought I was the only one with bicepwristticulators. :)
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops aka "Tazmaro" 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops!
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:39:41 -0400, "KITTvsKARR"

I'm sure there are others, they just won't admit it. Although the original owners of my 68' opted for power windows, very too neet. Not many too be seen out at car shows.
...Ron

-- 68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Don't get too worked up.... this is a good resource for our cars. I've been here for about 5 years and have learned a lot. Here as well as just about anywhere you go you will find people that like to hear (see) themselves talk and/or start arguments just for the hell of it. You just have to get through some of the crap before you get to an answer. But don't let this instance push you away from the group.
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops aka "Tazmaro" 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops!
KITTvsKARR wrote:

Unfortunately the group has gone quite a bit downhill in the 5+ years I have been in here. Googs, bottlebob and others who gave good advice and information have all gone. There are still a few around, but the amount of useful information has dropped drastically. And from what I can see, this is not limited to just this group, but applies to much of the non-binary portion of the newsgroups.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer
Cy Welch wrote:

Sad but true. One thing that's caused this other than spam is the proliferation of message boards that depend on Usenet for thier content.