Price Advice

Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, I am selling my car and I want your advice on the price. Its an "01" leather , t- tops, air,cd in mint condition with 4,000 miles. I
has been stored in the winter. I was thinking 18,500. What do you think? btw, where have all the regulars gone? I see a few of you are still here.
Thanks, Z
Z GIRL wrote:

Hey Z Girl. It's been a while. I'm about the only person left from the Rock5 that does any posting. But, this asshole "Refinsh King" has no respect for the Rock5 since he's a noob and hasn't heard of 'em or what we do in the background to keep this forum going. I'm actually a little disappointed that NONE of the regs haven't told this prick to stuff it or come to my defense. It really doesn't matter since I've got the little tosser plonked.
Anyhoo. Still workin' on that tan?
Only 4k miles? That's awesome and might work in your favor. If it's been sitting for a long time I'd be a little worried about the seals and the tires. But I think you could safely get 18K-18.5K for it. Most estimators will put a Private Party sale around 16K-16.5K and a dealer sale around 18K-18.5K but that doesn't take into account the fact that it's almost a collector's car at this point. Unless GM revives the Camaro line (a real Camaro, not the Chevy SS) then I can see you getting close to your asking price. (Depreciation is a bitch, eh?) The 4K miles is key. There's a lot of wear and tear on a car between 4K and 30K. Generally, a car with mileage that low and w/o any modification should tell the buyer that you didn't abuse it.
GLK9MM wrote:

Btw, you could pay to have the car certified, and then you'd pretty much guarantee the 18.5K price tag. (Or higher even...19K.)
--
Martin
'01 Formula - MTI Air Box Lid, K&N Filter, Hurst-6,

Interesting...... I assume I do that through a dealer? Do you have any Idea of the cost? The car is better then showroom clean, in mint condition. I would like to get 19 K if I could. Yeah I see thinks have changed here in the NG. CBHVAC was never one to back off from anyone, what happened to him? Thanks for the info. I hate to sell my car but I work 1 1/2 miles from home, its just not worth keeping it anymore. I never have time to enjoy it.

Z GIRL spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Sorry to hear that you need to sell it. Prices vary so much from area to area, so I can't even begin to estimate what yours would be worth. What I have done in the past is look in the local paper for ones similar to mine (options/condition/etc.) to get a general idea, though...
I talked to Steve last week. Seems his ISP dropped this group and he's quite irate about it. :)
Also, someone else you know is interested in e-mailing you. :)
NOI
( remove x's )

As someone who has been here on and off since the erly 90's.. discribe this "rock5 for me. And here I thought I was special cause I was at M.E.N.D. Charles

M.E.N.D - Men Embassarsed with No Dick. Yes, that makes you special, if thats what you want to call it. Now take your shit elsewhere, other then my post.

Why don't you take your attitude, and shove it up your ass. M.E.N.D. was a metting of A.A.C.F. Regulars in 1997.
I sure don't remember seeing you there. Charles

I am so disappointed that I wasn't there...damn! With you an educated intelligent Mensa member ....little baby had a "metting" tooooo funny, sooooooo sad. Oh, and thank you but my attitude is already part of my ass!
Z GIRL wrote:

Charles merely asked what Rock5 is. Attacking him was unnecessary and irrational.

Yea so there were no mensa members there.
There were cars from all over the country and Canada there. Enough to rent track time at a Drag Strip and show who really had the faster car.
The reason your attitude is part of your ass, is you have a rectial-crainial inversion. I can draw you a diagram showing how to correct this problem. Charles
You and Martin are all ass!
Now shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and take the cock5 and ram that up your snatch too!
Refinish King

Z GIRL wrote:

Heh, Z you crack me up! Just plonk him like I did. I didn't even see his latest lame comment until you responded. I know it's hard, but he's just some lamer, Tarvesque even. He's a typical troll attacking you and then saying that you attack him and then resorting to name calling and profanity 'cause he's lost the debate of the mind.
Plonk him and be done with it.
Let us know how things go with the Camaro. I'm curious to see what you actually get in that city.

I beg to differ with you. I think refinsh king is usefull to the group. Ya'll getting too wound up in here. Probably like me, after some beers, and a bad day at work, we get tempermential. Charles When you own your own place, you can at times drink a few while working.

I will let you know. I got the sign last night and taking it on the corner starting Sunday. I think it will sell fast. We have a lot of physicans in the area and the Athletic club I work at is $88 a month for one person and an additional $40 to add spouse on and $20 more per child ( A high price IMO) . I know someone around here has some money to burn and wants to buy my car. ;-)

Z GIRL spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

I think you'll find some doctor getting it for their kid... :)
Good luck there.
Re: other message: You're welcome.
NOI
I can tell already that I need to reset the newsgroups too.... This ought to be fun readin...

Refinish King spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Dood, I'm one of the Rock5.
I suggest you pull yourself together, grow a thick skin and quit hassling Z-girl.
NOI