problem with auto lights!! please help!

After storing my 1991 Trans Am GTA (350ci) for the winter and then re-starting it, the lights will no longer open (pop up).. I can manually open them, and the lights themselves
work just fine, but the motor will not open them.. I don't hear it even trying, so it makes me believe that it may be the fuse or something similar.. If anyone has had anything like this happen and knows what it may be please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. I took it to mechanics and they don't want to touch it saying it will take too long to diagnose it, but I just don't see how this could be a big problem, its obviously related to the fact my car sat in the garage for more then 1.5 years. Please leave a reply here or better to my email at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com since this group seems to be flooded with spam and its hard to read anything, in fact I don't know if anyone is even going to get this.. Thanx in advance (location of fuses on my car would be great, as would the location of the motor if that is what it is)
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /

Trypt wrote: nothing worth reading
You can't be bothered to follow up your own post? If you want to be spoon fed take it to a shop and pay to have it fixed.
It appears that a '91 has a "headlamp door module" according to Haynes. It has 9 wires to it and seems to be the digital equivalent to the mechanical relay. It could very be that which is causing the problem. A little condensation over time, you apply power, and zap... Also there seems to be what's called an "Underhood Electrical Center" in which fuses #3 and #4 cover the right and left headlamp doors respectively, but I can't see both those fuses blowing at once. But hey, I'm just reading... I'm no mechanic. Hope this gets you closer to the right answer. If you can't figure it out... can I buy the headlamp motors off ya? lol....
-Jorlzin. (just an old, red '89 Firebird from Van Nuys, California.)
since this group seems to be flooded with spam and its