problems 5.7 iroc

Page 2 of 2
Makes sense. :D
Milhouse

tube
ok all the wiring is good no bad grounds or shorted wires. im off to the store to aquire the "magic" freeze spray. fire wall now houses the ignition coil. lets see what happens. anything else that would stop the car from making spark. ecm-pick up coil-ignition module, ignition coil....cap rotor spark plugs/wires am i missing anything?
VATs? Hell..I cant rememmber your year now...

store
coil.
spark.
plugs/wires
no vats its a 87.

Well, that makes it a bit easier, eh? <G>
Ever figure it out?
NOI
no the car is still a heap of metal in the driveway. it runs for 10 - 15 minutes and stalls
Hitman0187 Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and

Hmmm.
What's it sound like at idle before stalling? Right before stalling? As it stalls?
Those might help narrow it down some...
NOI
Well..thats why I asked the year..I could not find the post where you stated the year..
Somethings shutting down...but what... Gooooood question...I swear..this is sounding more and more like a fuel issue..but without being there to see....I duno

it idles perfect then it just stumbles and dies. I really wish it was a fuel problem they are so much easier to diagnose and fix. I am 99% sure its a heat related spark problem. i can start the car right now (because it hasnt run since yesterday) starts right up, let it run for a bit shut it off (or it will stall after a while) and bam there is no spark. just to recap the module in the distributer, the pick up coil, cap, rotor, ecm are brand new, the ignition coil its self is a year old. its an accel 14008.
Hitman0187 Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and

Have you replaced the ign coil with a cheapie, just to see if it helps?
NOI
i guess im gonna have to rewire the entire ignition maybe with a jacobs or msd brain. nothing but nothing seems to be working
yes there is power to the coil. i did establish that yesterday before the lightning storms powered out my driveway.all harness connections are stable and in place.