Project Formula

Well.. it would appear that Project Formula has now officially commenced...
After a long, horriable morning trying to get the insurance company to understand that my Camaro is worth more than $300... I came home and
decided to work on the Formula.. well.. as of now, the entire dash is removed, the pass seat, rear seats, rear carpet, all moldings, t-top pieces, console, and speaker covers are gone. I would have had the driver seat gone too, but all 4 of the bolts were extremely rusted.. I got the front 2 off finally.. but not sure how I am going to get the back two since the seat is in the way unlike the pass side. But I have already discovered a 50 cent piece sized hole in the floor under the carpet behind the driver seat and am expecting to find more.
The trunk is surprisingly looking nice, minus the side compartment where the spare was.. its almost completely rotted through.. can see ground through most of it.
So pretty much at this point,... there is no turning back.. I'm either going to decide to continue with the project.. or decide its too far gone and part it out. Even though I had narrowed it down to one of less than 4,000 cars... <sigh>
But this will give me some good experience with wiring, bodywork, etc. Just sucks that I don't have as much time to work on it as I would like... I get 2 days off (wed and sun) from the dealership I work at.. Leave at 8am and get back around 930pm... so not much time for anything else but my days off.
-Geno
Well 2 days is better than none Geno. Keep it in your head that its a project and takes time. Its how I get my 80 Firebird done, day by day, week by week. Before you know it, you ll be looking for more projects to do lol.
Bruce

Well.. I have posted some pics online.. they aren't the most recent ones as I didn't have my camera out yesterday when I worked on more..so the seatbelts, wiring harness, door panels, and dash carpeting are all taken out as of now. But its a start... Now need to find a place that sells body panels.. just bought a welder, will need a cutter and grinder yet. Unless anyone knows of a place I can get a full shell from? This one is pretty eaten away. But anyway, the site is www.formulaproject.com
Let me know what you think. At this point I will get nothing for the car, so I have decided to go through with the restore and get some much needed/wanted knowledge along the way. Any and all tips welcomed.
Engine and transmission are next...
-Geno