question for all?

I have a 1987 pontiac trans am ok the under hood sticker says it has a 5.0 liter in it the engine code in the vin is a H which is also 5.0 liter..ok but it has a 5.7 with a carb my question being did this car come stock with a 5.7 option and if it did was it carb or TPI?

Reply to
TERRY

1987 was the first year for a 350 in a F-body but it had Tuned Port fuel Injection.

Vin H is a 170HP 305 LG4 carb'ed. 1987 was the last year for the LG4 and the highest output during its lifespan. Are you sure you have a 350 in there?

Reply to
Dennis Smith

1987 you could get a 350 either with a Carb or TPI Fuel Injection. 1986 was the first year for 350 FI cars, and they are rare.

Your car does not have a factory installed 350. If it did, the VIN number would resolve to such, and the Emissions decal would be marked

5.7 Litre. Charles
Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
TERRY
5.7s are 8-code (#8 in the 8th digit of the VIN)

Reply to
John King

10066036 is the 350.2 or 4 bolt mains. Target Master/Goodwrench crate motor, 2-piece rear seal, "Hecho en Mexico"

your 350 was Not factory installed. All Target Master engines were parts counter engines. All Goodwrench engines are either dealer installed replacements, or sold at the parts counter as stock replacement engines. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig