Question On Stall Converter and Rebuild

Hi I have a 93 Supercharged Z28 with 3.73 Rear end gears. I just recently cooked the Tranny and Im gonna need to get it rebuilt. I want the tranny to be stronger and maintain streetability. Im wondering what
the stall speed is in my stock tranny 4l60 and if I should move up in the stall speed. Any recomendations in regard to rebuilding this tranny is greatly appreciated. I will be getting headers and y pipe in the future
Thanks
Mike
http://www.turbobuick.com /
http://www.coanracing.com /
http://www.tciauto.com/tci.htm
http://www.bmracing.com /
: Hi : I have a 93 Supercharged Z28 with 3.73 Rear end gears. I just recently : cooked the Tranny and Im gonna need to get it rebuilt. I want the : tranny to be stronger and maintain streetability. Im wondering what : the stall speed is in my stock tranny 4l60 and if I should move up in : the stall speed. Any recomendations in regard to rebuilding this : tranny is greatly appreciated. I will be getting headers and y pipe in : the future : : Thanks : : Mike

The 4L60 is not a strong tranny. You don't say much about your setup, but a SC motor and a 4L60 are not a great matchup, depending on the amount of hp you have and how you drive it. As far as stall speed, you need to think about how you use the car. An LT1 with street tires really can't use more torque off idle, depending on the gears. If you have the 2.73's, a swap to 3.23's would probably be my choice rather than a higher stall converter. OTOH, if the car goes to the drag strip on sticky tires, a higher stall converter is a good idea.. Of course, the sticky tires will kill the tranny and the weak, stock 10-bolt rear.
What are you trying to improve compared to the original setup?
Rich Krause