Question on Suspension Upgrades for a 93 Z28

Hi Ive been researching for awhile and Im undecided on what would be the best suspension upgrade for my 93 Z28. Im considering lowering the car but I dont want it to low and I want to maintain the ride quality if not improve it. Im not sure how the springs and shocks work together, but I would like to geta better smoother ride out of the car. Right now I have two basic sensa tract shocks in the rear ( not stock ) and the original shocks in the front.. I was windering if bilstiens are the best way to go? what about adjustable shocks will I be able to adjust my ride hight with them? I am getting 17 camaro SS wheels ina week and I assuming ill get a better feel ont he raod and a bit more traction... Can I use the ws6 suspension shocks or the ss. Whats this F1 suspension upgrade I have heard about? This summer I installed a supercharger , so Ill have more power and I want to be able to use that power. basically I want the car to be a streetable. Oh one last question what would happen if I only installed the rear drop springs from like a pro kit and left ouyt the front one. Its the gapp inthe back I want to get rid of. Any help on any of these questions will be greatly appreciated

Mike 93 Z

Reply to
Michael

Michael wrote: : Hi : Ive been researching for awhile and Im undecided on what would be the : best suspension upgrade for my 93 Z28. Im considering lowering the car : but I dont want it to low and I want to maintain the ride quality if : not improve it. Im not sure how the springs and shocks work together, : but I would like to geta better smoother ride out of the car. Right : now I have two basic sensa tract shocks in the rear ( not stock ) and : the original shocks in the front.. I was windering if bilstiens are : the best way to go? what about adjustable shocks will I be able to : adjust my ride hight with them? I am getting 17 camaro SS wheels ina : week and I assuming ill get a better feel ont he raod and a bit more : traction... Can I use the ws6 suspension shocks or the ss. Whats this : F1 suspension upgrade I have heard about? This summer I installed a : supercharger , so Ill have more power and I want to be able to use : that power. basically I want the car to be a streetable. Oh one last : question what would happen if I only installed the rear drop springs : from like a pro kit and left ouyt the front one. Its the gapp inthe : back I want to get rid of. Any help on any of these questions will be : greatly appreciated

: Mike 93 Z

I have no experience with springs/shock replacements. I DO own a 1996 WS6 TA and can tell you that the WS6 suspension components are a big improvement over the standard TA-Z28 suspension.

The items I have modified, and you didn't mention, are Sub Frame Connectors and Strut Tower brace. The addition of these pieces has improved my handling significantly even over the WS6 suspension. I highly recommend them.

Specifically I used the Hotchkis SFCs and 2 point STB. The SFCs fit PERFECTLY and were easily welded in by a local shop.

Marshall G. Ward, III

1996 T/A, WS6, 6-Speed, Med Dk Green, Hardtop, T43 Spoiler, 10 Spk CD, Pwr Ant, Graphite cloth, Pwr seat, Keyless entry w/alarm, Leather Appointments Group MODS: !CAGS, K&N, Synthetic Engine/Trans/Diff fluid, Magna Flow Muffler Hotchkis 2 pt STB and SFC's, B&M Ripper shifter License Frame:"One of 2051/1996 Ram Air Trans Am" License Plate: "RAIR TA"
Reply to
Marshall Ward