Radiator fan info needed

I've got a 91 Firebird, 305 TPI, with two radiator fans. The one on the passenger side runs constantly when the key is turned on. I've searched for specific info on how it is wired but didn't come up with much. I'm curious if this is the primary or secondary fan. I also need to know how the voltage to it is sourced. Does it ground through a temp switch with the battery positive always on? Is it always grounded with the positive switched from the ECM? If the ECM switches the circuit I'm assuming it does that through a relay. Where is the relay located (on the firewall? - which one)?. If it is a temp switch where do I find it? Which A/C switches affect the circuit? Does one A/C switch control both fans at the same time?

Gee, I ask a lot of questions. Any help that anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

OK, I'll answer my own question.

I'm passing along my findings in case any one else needs the info. The right side fan is the seconday. The positive is always on when the key is turned to on (didn't trace out the source path) and the negative comes from a temp switch. The switch is located on the lower right side of the block just above the starter solinoid. If you are laying under the car bring a flash light, it's a bit dark in that spot.

Reply to
Ken