Re: Bunjee Love

FBR spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

<snip>
He hit here too? I got him over in 24hour.
NOI
Thund3rstruck_n0i wrote:

--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer

Thanks, but I didn't go there, and it won't run on Linux anyway. :)
NOI
Thund3rstruck_n0i wrote:

matter what it thought it did to the machine as I set the machine to not save changes when shut down. Not sure the person who sent it out did so knowingly. As soon as it loaded it tried to connect to the outside world, but Zonealarm told me and stopped it.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer
Cy Welch wrote:

Senior Programmer? What idiot in this day and age fiddles with an executable from a spammer in a Usenet post? MetSYS Inc is a company I will never deal with.....
FBR spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Then you can include me in the idiot list. Cy took some good precautions, as did I, to make sure it didn't infect his PC and continue the mess...
Matter of fact, since this was a backdoor trojan, the real "owner" of the trojan was displayed in his firewall logs...and he's in a position to nail him now.
NOI
Thund3rstruck_n0i wrote:

Gotta admit, you have a good point. I have to tell clients over and over, "Don't open attachments." I never thought about isolating one, letting it run, then tracing it. Ok, I'm the idiot.
FBR wrote:

the AV vendors of what we find so that AV software can be updated to detect new threats. This one should be detected pretty soon.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer
FBR wrote:

it's not detected by the antivirus software and triggers with strange behaviour in my VM I send it to our AV supplier so they can add detection of the threat to their product.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer
Thund3rstruck_n0i wrote:

He posted like 6 times, so to help all his upstream providers, webhost, and ISP understand just how I feel about that I reported all 6 damn iterations of the same message. HeHe
FBR spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Between here, 24hour, and 3 other groups he hit, I spent a whopping 30 mins c&p all his posts to the same people.
I hope he has a lot of Preparation H. :)
NOI