Re-conditioning '73 Firebird.

I have taken on the task of re-conditioning a '73 Firebird. I am replacing all weather stripping. I just ordered a complete weather stripping kit from Classic Industries. However, the kit does not include the hood-to-cowl seal. Their catalog does not list the piece. The sales person was no help. He simply said, "We make a lot of parts, but not that one."

My '73 Camaro hood-to-cowl seal is a simple strip running the width of the cowl. The Firebird has the same strip, but the ends are molded rubber pieces of a pretty complex shape.

Has anyone had experience with this item? Sources?

Thanks, ~John

Reply to
John Ireland

I just found the seal at 1Aauto.com. $70.95 plus $8.00 shipping and handling.

Thanks again, ~John

Reply to
John Ireland