Re: for sale BB Chevy 454

or
Actually, they didn't change very much and were used in production vehicles through 1999. The big block is still in production for the 454 HO and 502 crate engines. There is also a 572 CID race motor in production that is a tall deck block.
The differences in them are a 1 piece rear main seal, priority oiling, and the heads are different on the gen 5 and 6 blocks. The other changes are pretty subtle. The oil pan is a one piece seal, and the front cover went to a cast aluminum unit.
So, to correct you, if I may: They did not go out of production at any time from the time the big block was put into the first cars/trucks.
--
Mr. Floppy

or
In this area, a running tall deck (366/427 medium duty BBC) will cost you $600. A 454 that you can actually hear run will cost you $1200 or more. One from a repituble salvage yard with a 30 day warantee will rin as much as $2K. Charles In the Dayton Ohio Area.
Sounds like highway friggin robbery in the Dayton Ohio area.

as

Hiway robbery? No. Supply & Demand. Low Supply, High Demand. If I had 1000 good used 454's I could sell them in less then 3 months, at competitive prices.
As it is we have a chancy 454 that were going to get $575 out of after we have the block tanked, and every thing cleaned. Charles
I understand supply and demand, I took more than one economics class. They're pretty hard to come by around here too, but they go for those dollar values in Canadian currency here. Just have to do the math........