Re: Roller tip rockers?

What cam would you recommend? Supposedly the bottom end was recently rebuilt .030 over. The heads are 6X and appear to be off a 1976 400. It has the Edlebrock Manifold and Edlebrock 600cfm vacuum secondaries with electric
choke. It runs pretty good right now but it does suck the gas with that 4:11 rear end.

its
ignition.

Cam depends a lot on if you have an auto or a manual with that gear ratio... What we'd really need to pick a cam is full specs on the engine. Get in touch with the previous owner and try and figure out what you've got. Then let us know and we can help more. In general, though, with a manual, my 74 TA 400/4spd is "drivable" with a Comp. 292h cam, lots of head work (4x), headers, stock rockers and shitty carb, but doesn't idle for shit and fouls the plugs if you don't let it run on a regular basis. I'm thinking a single plane intake and fuel injection will solve my issues and want to go full roller rockers while I'm at it. It will slide you up the back of the seat through first and second gear if you keep it above 2500 rpm, as it is. But with an auto, you'll also need to work with converters and all that... Like I said, need more info on what you've got and what you want to use it for. I'd definitely stick with stock ratio on the rockers. You're better off since you sound like you might want a cam change, anyway. You might want to consider moving down to 3.73s in the rear as well, unless you're just racing.

The Vampire, "Muffin Man"
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.