Re: Sticky Brakes ?

From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Lecher9000)

>Date: 8/4/2003 11:01 PM Central Daylight Time >I just put new calipers and hoses on the front of my 88 GTA. I noticed the >front left wheel spins only one half to three quarters of a turn and stops, >while the right front spins about 1 and a half times before stopping. I hate >to >think my new (rebulit) left front caliper is stuck on. Is there another >reason? > I did not use any "anti-seize" or any other lube on the glide pins.

Take the calipers off and lube up those pins with 'brake lube'. I usually lightly clean up the other sliding surfaces with my dremel (depends on how they look) and put a very light coating of grease to keep the rust away for at least a little while.

The Vampire, "Muffin Man"

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man