Re: supercharged 2000 transam WS6

I haven't done the same application but I have an 89 Firebird with a supercharger. I recommend getting subframe connectors. There are a ton of other things you can do.
You can build up a 10 bolt to stand up to quite a bit of horse power. I suggest getting a aluminum differential cover with a stud girdle. You should weld the axle tubes to the pumpkin. If you start running slicks, then a 10 bolt probably isn't a good idea.
I would guess you'll be getting 30-40% additional horsepower out of the supercharger. You'd be running about.. what? 400-450 horses?
That's all I can think of right now..
Good luck,
-Bruce

Wow - you can dump the clutch at 4000 rpm and not smoke it! Yes, it's a stick, so I will no doubt smoke the clutch. Any advice on the clutch upgrade? Any advice on setting up the moser 12 bolt? How much should I save up? I don't plan to run it at the strip, but don't want to rule it out. Thanks for your help.
mike wrote:

That's how sticky the Drag Radials are. Street tires... 1700 rpm launches or you smoke 'em. I haven't broken anything yet, but when I go shopping for parts it's likely either fasttoys.net (they're local) or thunderracing.com - the guys on the F-body mailing list I'm on all have great things to say about them.
speaking of which - lists.f-body.org is another place for useful stuff. I see they even have a list for supercharged ones. :)
Ray

Yes, I thought the clutch and diff would be the first casualties. I expect this would end up somewhere between 450-500 bhp at the crank. A guy with a Z28 with the same supercharger and exhaust ended up with 460bhp at the wheels with this setup, so might be 500+ at the crank? Thanks for your help!

We had a guy in here that did this...on a 99(?) and sold the car..after months of nothing but finding out he was constantly breaking something. He sold it to a cop up not far from here...and I think he got it all worked out...will try to contact MadMaxx and see if hes still around..