Re: Valve covers

The breather hole is the oil filler hole. Check out the Edelbrock website and look at accessories. You can by an oil filler plug that fits in place of the breather.
Jay S

Went to a swap meet and found a vast array of Valve covers. Tall Chrome ones for $25/pr on up
: Hi Everyone.. : : I was just thinking about purchasing pair of those nice chrome valve covers : (preferably form Edelbrock) but none of them seem to have Oil Fill hole as : the stock ones do.... They all have hole for breather and that's about : it.... Anyone knows what's the deal ??? Oh btw. my ride is 84 FBird LG4 305 : thx! : :
I agree...my camaro had nice chrome valve covers on it when I got it. Needless to say I threw them pieces of crap in the garbage. Oil leaking all over the place. Forged is best....mine has brodix forged covers. Not a single drop of oil!! As for no holes, they do that so you can place you holes in yourself for your particular application. Mine came smooth & I had to place holes for oil fill & breather holes.

writes

I had a heck of a time finding valve covers for the 462. The tall ones didn't like the AC brackets or power brake booster and the smooth stockers wouldn't clear the roller rockers running double gaskets. I found a set of old Cal Custom finned aluminum valve covers at the Turkey Rod Run last year. The seller swore they wouldn't fit on a 2nd gen bird but not only do they fit, all brackets clear them with a bit of shimming and they clear the roller rockers on a .562 lift cam. No leaks so far, no contact with the rockers and I'm running single gaskets. I did have to lose the breather tube to the air cleaner but a bit of ball peen clearancing on a Moroso breather cap cured that problem. The only drawback is that I can't run studs to replace the upper valve cover bolts so I have to RTV the bolts whenever they come off.
Dave