Re: WS6 vs Ram Air?

I would ask specifically if it is a WS6. All WS6's have a "ram air" hood (it is written on the hood scoops). Though, I would think if it was a WS6,
they would advertise is as such. Try www.LS1tech.com for more info!
Jester, you should do a little more research before you say such inaccuracies. If you think your WS6 hood is working like a supercharger, you are sadly mistaken. It doesnt even seal against the airbox.
SOMZ28

Supposedly the inlet aperture on the front of the Ws6 airbox was taller than the standard LS1 aperture. With the hood air inlet baffles in place, the "ram" air rams into the engine compartment behind the airbox inlet aperture. With the baffles removed and some gaskets it could conceivably ram some air into the engine as opposed to onto the engine. Drive something else when it rains tho...

~~~~~~ Remove "spamless" to email me.
Overlord wrote:

The inlet IS taller on a WS6. They also have aftermarket kits with gaskets to do just that... I don't drive mine in the snow, but it has been driven in the rain so spending $250+ for maybe a tenth in the quarter and not being able to drive it in the rain....
Yes, the airbox sits higher on the WS6, though most WS6 owner dont seal the hood to the opening, so they are not getting the full effect of the ram air. Just put an aftermarket lid (they are all pretty much the same) on it and be done with it.

SOMZ28 wrote:

done. :) with a lid & drag radials it goes 13.11. with a 100 shot it'll do a 12.18 this year I'm going for 12's off the spray and 12 flat on it... I can't talk the wife into a cage... and I bought a dirt track camaro so I'll be busy with that this year...
"This is in response to my inaccurancy". I don't know about your Ram Air but my unit comes with a flexable air deflector in the hood that flex at speeds above 50 or 60mph forcing air directly into(up into ) the breather element. Maybe you should check with Pontiac? The flexable deflector acts like a "flex fan" this is where your direct flow or seal comes from. Jester

basically
like
package.