Rear axle swap?

Will an axle out of a fourth gen bolt into a third gen?
My rear axle (85IROCZ) feels like it is on its last leg. There is a lot of slop in it when I am on and off of the throttle...kind of makes a
grinding noise when at a steady throttle, without much load, at 65 on the freeway.
The reason I ask about the axle is that I can get one that was out of a WS6 that has been parted out.

Check out this article:
http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/4thgenrear.shtml
Bruce Chang wrote:

Will