rear end

question. i have a 1984 monte carlo and i am building a street rod and i want to now if i can use the same rear end but change the gear ratio to a 3:73 posi or would i be better off to find a cpmplete rear end and change it out. and what kind? old rear end has drum brakes also have to change to disc brakes. if anyone can help i would appreiciate it.

Reply to
big daddy via CarKB.com

Just an opinion but if you are wanting a gear change as well as switching to discs on the back, I would find another rear end. Probably easier and lots of rear ends out there.

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

Reply to
big daddy via CarKB.com

Try posting with one of these 2 sites, free to join and a wealth of info and parts there. Huge tech and parts forums there as well as suppliers.

BarracudaDesigns

With that much HP I doubt the stock rear would hold up! Greg

Reply to
Greg O