rear end

question. i have a 1984 monte carlo and i am building a street rod and i want to now if i can use the same rear end but change the gear ratio to a 3:73
posi or would i be better off to find a cpmplete rear end and change it out. and what kind? old rear end has drum brakes also have to change to disc brakes. if anyone can help i would appreiciate it.

Just an opinion but if you are wanting a gear change as well as switching to discs on the back, I would find another rear end. Probably easier and lots of rear ends out there.
thinks again for the info. im not sure how to figure out the exact gear ratio to go with. hopeing to have 350 to 425hp with th 350 trany plus single stage nos kit.125 to 200 shot. car will be street and stip. BarracudaDesigns wrote:

Try posting with one of these 2 sites, free to join and a wealth of info and parts there. Huge tech and parts forums there as well as suppliers.
http://www.transamcountry.com/forum /
http://performanceyears.com/newsite/index.html

With that much HP I doubt the stock rear would hold up! Greg