Rear Hatch Pull Down Motor

I'm wondering if any one knows if i could make the rear hatch lock without having to buy a new pull down motor. I'm gonna have to go through inspection to register my car and it wont pass without the hatch closing.
any ideas?!
You could always ebay the motor.. they can't be that much used... or you could take out the motor and replace it with the metal clip from a non motorized car...
-Geno 1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula (www.formulaproject.com) 1985 Firebird

The previous owner of mine just welded the slide in the lower position. It works but I don't like the fact that he welded it. Someday I might repair it, who knows.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Those pull down motors are very simple and easy to repair. Most of the time the plastic gear strips from slamming the hatch and jams up the motor. The gear was about $3 from the GM dealer a year ago.
Dennis Smith
$100 list price for u joints for uncles 91 Caddy. With the discount they were $62 each.
Harryface
05 Park Avenue 36,921 91 Bonneville LE 306,353
oops, meant to hit mail to instead of reply.