Rearend Gears

Hi there, I have a '93 Trans Am with the stock LT1 engine and 4l60 Trans. I'm putting headers on it this weekend along with new springs and a tune up. I
was wondering what the best gear ratio would be for this car. I've read things about the automatic cars needing to run 3.73s, but I was wondering how well you guys think 4.11s would do? I'm not really concerned with doing 150mph down the freeway, but I do want the car to be very responsive and plenty of get up and go, and good throttle response. Also, does anyone know the deal with using the TV cable on the transmission to make it shift harder? If so, how do you do it, and is it safe for the trans? Thanks for the help.
Anthony
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net