Remote for the alarm on '97 Camaro discontinued?

One of the original remotes for my alarm got stolen and my dealer has tried, without success, to order a replacement. They claim it's discontinued and want to give me one with only two buttons, lock and
unlock. My original had two more, open hatch and trigger alarm.
I find it unlikely that it's impossible to find one with four buttons, after all they were used on quite a few GM vehicles if I'm not mistaken. They also claim that they can't program the remote, supposedly it's a different procedure on '97s compared to other years.
Unfortunately it's the only dealer around there and also the one my insurance company uses so trying another is not an option.
Thanks,
Ulf
snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Ebay...

You can buy used remotes at salvage yards, & thru E-Bay.
Atleast in the state of Ohio, an insurance company can not force you to go to their repair facility. They can make you go to a place only for an estimate.
I would get a used remote, and find another dealer to code it for you. Any GM dealer should be able to do this for you. Charles

Dunno if you've seen this already, but it may be helpful:
http://www.autotechs.com/items/item1090.htm
http://search.ebay.com/gm-remote_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8
here
Take a look