Rockers vs. Headers

I have a 96 Z28 with the following mods:
Cold air intake K&N filter 52 mm throttle body Hypertech programmer
Considering this setup, would rockers or headers provide the best
performance increase? Also being considered, is the ease of installation. Based on the stories I've heard about installing headers (PITA), I want to make sure that if I go with headers that it will be worth the effort based on my setup.
Add pictures here
βœ–
i'd recommend a genateli ported mass air flow sensor (maf) and the lt4 knock module. the lt4 knock module reduces false knock and is only about $15 and takes 10 min. to install. really helps in the higher rpms. also consider an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to turn up the pressure with your mods. as for rollers or headers, i'd say go with headers first. you may want to convert to the lt4 and the complete conversion comes with gm 1.6 rollers made by crane cams. the lt4 conversion is an excellent idea also.

Add pictures here
βœ–

    Neither is going to net you much of anything with a car so close to stock, you should call it stock.
    Go with LT4 heads, cam, ect. Then get headers, and a full 3 inch exhaust sytem, bump up the spark system next.
    *yawn* Charles
Add pictures here
βœ–
"rarepartshunte" wrote: > snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote: > > I have a 96 Z28 with the following mods: > > > > Cold air intake > > K&N filter > > 52 mm throttle body > > Hypertech programmer > > > > Considering this setup, would rockers or headers provide the > best > > performance increase? Also being considered, is the ease of > > installation. Based on the stories I've heard about > installing headers > > (PITA), I want to make sure that if I go with headers that > it will be > > worth the effort based on my setup. > > > > >     Neither is going to net you much of anything with a car so > close to > stock, you should call it stock. > >     Go with LT4 heads, cam, ect. Then get headers, and a full 3 > inch > exhaust sytem, bump up the spark system next. > >     *yawn* > Charles
Headers. They’re good for at least 25hp.
βœ–

On an already seriously built engine, sure. On a near-stock engine? Not a chance. They're definitely worthwhile but you won't see 25hp.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On an already seriously built engine, sure. On a near-stock engine? Not a chance. They're definitely worthwhile but you won't see 25hp. =====================================...another good point... Headers alone probably wont give you 25hp, but headers w/ high-flow cat (or no cat) and a nice free flowing cat-back system may do 20hp.......or pretty close to it...
~John http://www.supercarvideos.com/IROC

Add pictures here
βœ–
John King wrote:

    On a lightly Modified LT1 headers may actually decrease HP & torque. Unlike 67 to 92 F-car exhaust manifolds the LT1's are not very restrictive. Basically unless your going to change the cam, and work on the Intake, it's a waste of cash.
    Now if you actually know what you want to do with a car, start buying parts, but don't do things like headers and not follow up with the other needed work. Charles
Add pictures here
βœ–
On a lightly Modified LT1 headers may actually decrease HP & torque. Unlike 67 to 92 F-car exhaust manifolds the LT1's are not very restrictive. Basically unless your going to change the cam, and work on the Intake, it's a waste of cash. =====================================I have an '87 IROC 5.7 and the stock exhaust monifolds are SO damn restrictive... I am planning on installing headers on this and think it will probably be a big help...
I've already done the intake side, from adding an air-foil to removing the MAF screens and the cooling fins (which has boosted the MAF sensor from a stock 500+ CFMs to almost 800 CFMs), also I've added K&N filters and have modified the stock lower part of the dual intake setup to increase the air before the filters (I can hear quite a difference). ..... so the intake side of things is finished and is breathing very well, now if I can install the headers and get the exhaust side flowing I should start to feel the power increase. I already have the cat-back sytem done and a high flow cat, so the headers is the only hold up..... blah, blah....blah, sorry Charles I'm ramblin' and can't stop....LOL!!!!!!
~John http://www.supercarvideos.cam/IROC

system
Add pictures here
βœ–

will
and
blah....blah,
I did all that when I had my 87 GTA John and adding the headers and everything else.. it was major difference
Add pictures here
βœ–
I did all that when I had my 87 GTA John and adding the headers and everything else.. it was major difference =====================================Ever have a chance to have it Dyno'd or get decent 1/4 times? Just wondering what to expect out of mine... I'd be happy with 240hp at the rear wheels and a 13.9 time slip........... not that I will get that, but it'd be nice.

the
have
air
well,