RPO Codes Tag

I went looking on my car today for my RPO tag and its not anywhere to be found. after alittle research I learned that it was removed and never replaced when the car was repainted by the previouse owner. I contacted a dealer who told me they are irreplacable and I will never be able to get a new one, and that if I dont have an old one or accurate documentation of the cars options then I am up the creek and theres nothing that can be done about it. And that other than anything that comes up on a genral vin look-up I will not be able to proove that the car originally came with certain options. So lets face it the guy knew nothing and was blowing smoke right. Anybody got any ideas for me, thanks in advance

1986 WS6 Trans Am, TOM
Reply to
Tom

A dealer can run a query on the VIN and tell you all the RPO codes valid as released from the factory. Sounds like blowing smoke.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

You're talking to a lot of the WRONG people. The original "SPID Label" with the RPO codes would have been in the center console glove box. They usually go missing when the console lid is replaced.

You can get the original dealer invoice from Pontiac Historical Service

for $35. It contains the dealer billing invoice with all the cost options that the vehicle was ordered with. Somewhere in the car the build sheet may still be hidden. This is the actual sheet that the factory workers use to assemble the car. Most common places are in seat cushion springs, under the carpet or rear seats, behind interior trim panels, and on top of the gas tank. I found the one in my '84 Trans Am under one of the rear seat cushions.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Dennis you seem to really know your stuff thanks for the help! Tom

Reply to
Tom

Well.. he likes to think so anyway...lol.

OOh.. on an off topic.. can an 88 chevy 305 engine match up to a 96 sunfire automatic trans? Just curious as my sister's engine literally blew up on the highway today. Threw a rod and a piston and 3/4 of her oil pan on the road... so the engine is shot... and since that one is kinda just laying around, was wondering if we could save somemoney and drop that in instead of buying a new engine... plue having a 5.0L sunfire would be kinda cool! :)

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula 1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Reply to
Andy Warren

Tom,

Don't be fooled by Dennis Smith, he types what his little brother tells him to type.

LOL !

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 36,055 91 Bonneville LE 306,191
Reply to
Harry Face