Rusty floors redux

There's a tool sale going on & in air tools I can get a cut-off tool for $25 Cad, a metal shear for $50 or a nibbler for $50. I know you suggested a reciprocating saw might be the best tool, but I'm leaning towards the nibbler since it cuts a piece of metal out, & it would be good for cutting the patch. What do you guys think?

Reply to
Serial # 19781010

What kind of nibbler are you looking at? Check the ones in the links below. IMO powered tools are always the way to go if you can afford them and they will be used more than one time.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

The nibbler is air powered. I don't know the brand. It looks like I'd have a relatively easy time getting into corners. I'm not sure how many times I'd use it other than to cut out the floor & trim the patch, but I figure my TA's worth the $50. Do you think the air nibbler is the way to go, rather than the saw or shears? I can get an 18 volt reciprocating saw for about the same price.

Chris

Reply to
Serial # 19781010

I think that pneumatic shears and nibblers are fine tools, it's just that they get used rarely. A sawzall being what it is should be the choice for the versitality alone. Just think, when you have to replace the exhaust (and you will eventually) how happy you'll be knowing that you already have the tool that will help you do the job in good time.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

Good point. Thanks.

Reply to
Serial # 19781010

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:05:22 -0500, Serial # 19781010 puked:

Not to mention a hundred other jobs around the house. Hell, I use mine to prune palm trees...

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat