Security light problem

I have a 94 formula and sometimes when i go to start it the security light come on and it will not start at all and i have to wait a few for it to go off and try again. sometimes it starts right up somtimes the light just comes on again. The two wires that come from the key cylinder are not connected but if you connect them the light comes on every time. Someone please help me.

Reply to
erik53