SLP vs. Borla???

i have a 2002 SS....
SLP or Borla...
ok, which is better??? budget wise, id prefer the SLP only because its about 300 dollars cheaper, but i always hear Borla is the way to go...
what is the difference, if any??? ive never heard how loud the SLP exhaust is, and ive only heard Borla through a Vette...
also, whats the difference between the stock SLP air intake on the SS and the SLP intake from their website???
thank you in advance!!!
I guess Corsa's out of the question if your looking to spend less than $700 (that's my recommendation). I've heard a lot of complaints about SLP being a bit too loud (hence the series name "loudmouth"), but I don't know how it sounds from inside the car. Borla doesn't seem to get many complaints, but then again, a lot of the folks I found who had installed Corsas were replacing their Borlas. Doesn't Borla tend to cater to Ford cars?
~w~

: > i have a 2002 SS.... : > : > SLP or Borla... : > : > ok, which is better??? budget wise, id prefer the SLP only because its : > about 300 dollars cheaper, but i always hear Borla is the way to go... : > : > what is the difference, if any??? ive never heard how loud the SLP : > exhaust is, and ive only heard Borla through a Vette... : > : > also, whats the difference between the stock SLP air intake on the SS : > and the SLP intake from their website??? : > : > thank you in advance!!!
Check out my comments in a.a.c.
(top-posting just to add fuel =) ) I figure you two will take issue with me for saying so, but my personal tastes - as always - leans towards a Flowmaster set... As far as I'm concerned, no vehicle with a cat will sound right with any modded exhaust (no cats and 2 mufflers - or baffled pipes, early 1st gen style - in a stock setup gives that nice pop-pop as opposed to rumble-rumble), but I don't think one has to spend $500+ to hear a nice tone at WOT. Granted, I'd like a MENACING sound at idle, but I've honestly never heard that from a 4th gen without the sound being too heavy on the bottom-end, unless it was straight-pipe at the track, no matter who the manufacturer was. None of them really seemed to have much "presence" to me. If anyone can offer alternatives, I'm all ears, just haven't heard any 4th gens that gave that true "muscle-car" tone at idle without open exhaust..

[...]
I'll give you that. At Idle, the LS1 is entirely unimpressive. (not so the LT-1)
My post in a.a.c actually recommended a flowmaster. (as well as my beloved corsa...and mufflex even.)
Corsa is nice. I've had it on my '97 Z28 for more then 2 years now and no problems. Good sound, clean look. No complainst over all. But it is expensive.
If you asked me if I'd buy another one, no. I can't justify the $700-800 for the cat back again. But at the same time, I don't regret buying it. Its just one of those things I guess.
-D

Borla, borla, borla... Personally, I think it sounds more "authentic" for a muscle-car (if that makes any sense at all...). I think a flowmaster sounds way too metallic (reminiscent of those coffee-can exhausts those idiots with imports use, only with a more V8 throatiness about it). The SLP sounds kinda similar as well (I can't vouch for the sound/performance of the corsa) Plus you can "tune" the borla to your tastes with plates that can tone down the rumble while maintaining the torque.
Of course, you get similar performance at a much cheaper price tag with the competition... it's just how much dinero you have to blow... I got lucky and got mine with 10,000k on it INSTALLED for $400. Guess that made the choice much easier for me!
Good luck, Rob
I have a MagnaFlow, Sounds nice and it's less than Borla and Corsa.