Springs on 92 Camaro

Hey Everybody....

Need Info From Anybody!!!!

I have to replace the springs (Front and Rear) on my 1992 RS. I have the stock 245/55 16 Tires and Stock Rims. I plan on going to 17" rims with a different tire in the future.... I have KYB Gas shocks and Struts...

That is where my dilemma comes in. If I use a performance springs on the car (Which can drop the car 1 to 1.5 inches) will the stock tires rub or not clear? I cannot afford to switch to the 17" rim with shorter tire yet. Now if I put OE springs on the car will there be to much clearance above the tire when I go to 17" Rims....

Charles

Reply to
Charles

The stock tires for a 3rd gen F-body with 16" rims were 245/50/16's or

225/50/16's

Clearance issues are based on the overall diameter of the tire, not the rim size. If you go to 17" rims, you need to get an aspect ratio that will lower the sidewall height to compensate for the increased diameter of the rim. Diameter and width are what you will need to consider.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang