Stalling/Noises

Ok, so here goes. 1990 V6 3.1 Firebird Automatic:
I recently had a problem where slowing down to turn or at lights would stall my car and sometimes when warm the car would crank and start but
die immediately. First thing I checked was Ignition Module, Advance says its good (I'm not so sure). Then I replaced the IAC. Well, I didn't realize the Ignition Module came off of the distributor w/out removing the distributor, so I had to reset my timing. I disconnected the wire like the Emissions sticker said and set the car for 10* BTDC at idle. Now I'm getting a rumble from underneath my car. It feels like its coming from underneath my shifter knob, which makes me worry that there is something very wrong with the transmission. Could that be engine knock/ping or backfire? Maybe my timing is wrong?
If it didn't start to make noise until after you timed it, I would check timing again.
As for the stalling, check the EGR system and vacuum hoses.
- Camaro Cowboy http://community-2.webtv.net/Z24PODS/2000ccc /
I've checked the timing like 12 times, and its at 10* BTDC. Should I advance it a little more and see what happens? Could that sound be coming from a vacuum leak?
A vacuum leak will come from under the hood and sound like a raspy, hissing noise if it's a big one. If you don't have pinging, hard starting or poor acceleration then I would say it's timed correctly. Did you remove the spark plug wires during the ignition module swap.?? And is it still stalling.??
-Camaro Cowboy http://community-2.webtv.net/Z24PODS/2000ccc /
when u re-installed the distributor did u make sure the engine was at TDC (top dead center) if not and the cams are off even one tooth it will upset the balance