Stop Throwing parts at Problems!

    Egads, I take a 3 week Vacation and people resort to the worst way to fix a car.
    There are test proceedures for EFI systems. If "your" mechanics can not
properly test and diagnose these problems, got to someone else who can.
    If you have a car that is FRYing injectors, replace all injectors, the ECM, and find the short that is causing them to die. Also on cars with Crank Triggers, if the Trigger(hall effect)goes bad too, you definatly are shorting. Just tossing parts at it and not finding the root cause is going to get expensive. Charles
Well.. did you have fun? Where did you go?
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
KITTvsKARR wrote:

    Tampa Florida. I had a bit of fun, got in a bit of trouble :) Worked on my tan, and did some fishing. Salt Water Catfish doesn't taste bad if you ever get to try it, and fresh grouper is devine. Charles
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Charles, if you haven't already noticed ... people are stupid. :-)
Dennis Smith
Dennis Smith wrote:

Dennis
    I only have to open my front door to be reminded of that. Charles

LOL and who said you could go on vacation?? I dont remember seeing the paperwork for that. And yeah, I agree with what Dennis says, not enough chlorine in the Gene pool lol
You mean you didn't know he was going? Did you get that memo? I'll have another one sent to ya... that'd be great.. thanks.
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops

Are you the one that took my stapler?
HD
B.. bu.. but it was my streamline st..st..stapler... I li..li.. like it better because.. it doesn't bind as much...
<mumbles under breath> One of these days.. gonna light the place on fire....
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
KITTvsKARR spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

You didn't say anything about the amount of chlorine in your pool tho. :)
NOI
BarracudaDesigns wrote:

    I filed my paperwork on January 3rd at noon. It must have got lost in all that post X-mas rush back to working. Besides, I came back $500 richer then I left. Charles

LOL never mind then, coming back with more money is the exception to any paperwork rule, glad to see you back Charles
Bruce
I've traced many bizarre running problems to ignition modules. If the owner can't remember when it was replaced last then I always recommend a new one as preventative maintenance at least. They cook once the thermal grease dries up and it's only a $25 part.
On the other hand, I've never once seen a GM ECM fail. Since most people find computers an intimidating mystery, they tend to assume that any problem relates to that new-fangled box under the dashboard.
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

    People do tend to blaime the ECM when it is not the cause. I have replaced more Fried ECMs do to people shorting out wires then I have ones that have died on their own. They do get damaged and die on their own. The ones I hate are when some putz changes the ECM and doesn't use the right Prom. That makes finding the cause of the issue even harder untill you squeeze out of them they had the ECM replaced.
    When it comes to GM Modules, sometimes it's not the module it's self, it's the harness or the plug. I have run in to that problem a number of times. Charles