The Windshield & Rearview Mirror Saga

My son through a baseball in the car knocking the rearview mirror off the windshield.
Now get this... The adhesive between the baseplate and the windshield did not fail; the glass did.
To be accurate, 2/3 of the adhesive between the baseplate and the windshield did fail, but 1/3 did not resulting in a dime-size piece of windshield still attached to the baseplate.
I assume the best adhesive to re-attach the baseplate-to- windshield surface is still rearview mirror adhesive, but what is the best adhesive to re-attach the glass-to-glass surface?
Thanks!
Joe Colella snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:35:12 GMT, "Joe Colella"

I had that happen to me. I used the rearview window repair kit you get at autozone or whatever and it worked fine. The broken glass fit in the hole, the glue sealed it up and you could barely tell where it was broken. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?