Thermostat replacement 1995 3.4L

Page 1 of 3
I need to change the thermostat on my 1995 Firebird w/3.4L. What do I do first?

turn off the car and drain the coolant
-- http://crazyedmonton.no-ip.com
--
I am the darkest creation of god

S.S.I.N. wrote:

You crack me up sometimes dude.
"GLK9MM"

he asked for the "first thing" so I gave him step one AND 2 thought I was being extra nice for him.
-- http://crazyedmonton.no-ip.com
--
I am the darkest creation of god

S.S.I.N. wrote:

I know. That's what cracks me up.
<chuckle>

3.4L ?? , in a Firebird?, yer kidding.... (isn't that like "illegal" or something ?)
First thing *I'd* do is take that sumbith to a dealer and trade it in. (hehe)
Well, how do you know you need to change the thermostat? did it overheat? (when they seriously overheat, yeah, it can ruin the thermostat and stick it closed). Should be an easy enough fix - drain the collant, get at the "water outlet" (where big radiator hose connects to the engine), and take the two bolts off holding the mater outlet to the engine, take the gasket off, and take out the thermo, pay attention which side of the gasket the Thermostat is, and just pop in the new one, and new gasket, smear on some red, or blue RTV silicon, and re-assmeble, and re-water the radiator, start it up (and drive to the dealer to trade it in), and go clean up. Oh yeah, make SURE to dump out that old radiator fluid down the drain and hose out that cat litter pan that you drained it in REAL good - the glycol in the Anti-freeze will attract cats, and if they drink/lick that stuff, it will kill them!.

Mr Wizzard wrote:
<snip 3.4L bashing>

I fail to see the problem with your last statement.

That ain't even cool dude...

Mr Wizzard wrote:

Awww.... <sniff>
Get a dog.
"GLK9MM"

glycol will kill dogs too... a little something for that noisy dog a few yards over.
-- http://crazyedmonton.no-ip.com
--
I am the darkest creation of god

S.S.I.N. wrote:

Strangely enough, it will kill just 'bout any organic based life. However, I can keep my dog from lapping up a bunch of discarded coolant whereas cats just piss me off and I really don't care if they suck it through a straw.
Ooh...I'm so cruel. (And I hate cats.)

Spot Drinks Anti-Freeze. Spot Also Drinks Kerosen (fuel oil), and enough beer to kill most other people. Spot is human (An old Biker). When he see's people being mean to cats, he go's off like a rabbid 2 legged Pitt Bull.
Spot lives at my shop part time, as well as uses it. We do have a good number of wild cats around there, and he is very protective of them. Charles
LOL
A decent human being!
Refinish King

good
Charles Bendig wrote:

Am I supposed to give a shit?
Yup...I still hate cats and you whiners still have no sense of humor. Can't hack it...cry on someone else's shoulder.

When
good
Actually I thought you might find that a bit funny. That someone with no regaurd for their own life, or the lifes of humans would care about the lifes of some animals.
If you think Im a whiner, I got some nuts you can swing from.
Charles
Charles Bendig wrote:

Well, I do find it kind of strange. I can't imagine anyone wanting to knowingly drink coolant.
--
Martin
'01 Formula - MTI Air Box Lid, K&N Filter, Hurst-6,

coolant
legged
with
the
Spot will drink coolant when it spills in his beer. Nothing, and no one gets between him and his beer. If your holding a beer and he wants it, it's best to hand it over. Charles
LOFL!
Refinish King

coolant
legged
with
why the hatred for cats? GLK9MM
S.S.I.N. wrote:

Well,     Most people are used to a nice friendly pussy crawling up in their lap. But on a farm where they get to be 14+ they are a menace and breed disease. So, my view is jaded.
And what does a cat do for you? That's right nothing.
A dog will hunt with you, play with you whenever you're willing to play with them, and are content to sit at your feet wanting nothing more than a gentle touch from their master's hand. That's love. That's loyalty. Cats who can do that are far and few in between.