Thermostat replacement 1995 3.4L

what they said. ;) there might be bleed screws on the V6's as well that need to be opened to get the air out. The V8's have 'em. You do that part after you follow S.S.I.N's instructions. ;)

Reply to
ray

why the hatred for cats? GLK9MM

Reply to
S.S.I.N.

and death by glycol is actually quite painful. it destroys the kidneys and the animal slowly dies. not very humane.

just shoot them in the head instead

Reply to
S.S.I.N.

Well, I do find it kind of strange. I can't imagine anyone wanting to knowingly drink coolant.

Reply to
GLK9MM

Well, Most people are used to a nice friendly pussy crawling up in their lap. But on a farm where they get to be 14+ they are a menace and breed disease. So, my view is jaded.

And what does a cat do for you? That's right nothing.

A dog will hunt with you, play with you whenever you're willing to play with them, and are content to sit at your feet wanting nothing more than a gentle touch from their master's hand. That's love. That's loyalty. Cats who can do that are far and few in between.

GLK9MM

Thats funny, out here, the stray cats on the farm constantally pull mice, and rats (and sometimes moles) out of the all the buildings and pump houses and stack em up on the door step. All I gotta do is shovel em off the door step and ditch em. Thats a pretty good deal if you ask me, as this "pile" of dead rodents on the door step "were" the menance (and bred the disease). Beats having to be setting traps and such.

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

I take it you've never had an indoor cat vs. an indoor dog.

with a cat all you have to do is show them the litter box and that's it. dog will shit anywhere when your not looking.

cats don't follow you everywhere you go like some disease begging for attention

--

S.S.I.N.

I have lived on a farm and in the city. I've seen cats get sick as they get old at which point we put them down....they get to about 16 or so before they should be shot. but I've never seen cats carrying nasty diseases except for worms.

same for dogs. except farm dogs are always looking for a chance to cover you in dirt and slobber

--

S.S.I.N.

You have a nasty attitude!

Not that we have a bad sense of humor!

Piss up a rope, and then f*ck off and eat shiite!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

LOFL!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Spot will drink coolant when it spills in his beer. Nothing, and no one gets between him and his beer. If your holding a beer and he wants it, it's best to hand it over. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

The cats around my shop are very usefull. First of all they hunt down rodents. Ever had rodents in a car? Aint a good thing. Second of all they hunt down birds. I dislike most birds.

Then there is the garbage disposial effect. Toss out your old food and they will eat it up.

These are not friendly cats. They don't really like people. They tend to be afraid of people. Yet they never deficate in the cars. Soemtimes you will catch them sleeping in a car. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Dogs also chase rodents. (Some are even better at it than cats.) I happen to like birds...s'long as they stay the heck away from my car and motorcycle.

What is this thing you speak of "old food?" (Three guys in this house...there IS no food.)

GLK9MM

Had all types. Indoor, Outdoor, Indoor/Outdoor, cats and dogs.

Actually trained a couple cats to use the toilet.

Some do, some don't. But they piss the hell out of me when I'm typing and they jump on my KB or jump on the counter when I'm making dinner or get in my face when I'm working on a car/bike.

Reply to
GLK9MM

My dog guards the yard just fine. He lets nothing alive get in it and that works for me. Bugs, birds, cats, people, nothing gets in. He doesn't let a bird sit on the fence. I've seen a bird fly low across the yard from a tree outside the fence. The dog will run barking under the bird to make sure the bird keeps going past the other fence. He'll sit and growl at the doves that sit on the wire in the alley; just on the off chance they're thinking about the yard. Also the past couple years I've found a ½dozen mice dead by his food bowl. I think he leaves it out as bait....

~~~~~~ Bait for spammers: root@localhost postmaster@localhost admin@localhost abuse@localhost postmaster@[127.0.0.1] snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov ~~~~~~ Remove "spamless" to email me.

Reply to
Overlord

In fact, they are so good at hunting birds, rising cat populations are starting to impact some bird species. Not a good thing.

But, they can be disgusting. Feral cats used to crap undigested ground squirrel fur, teeth, and eyeballs all over the picnic area of a park I worked at. We had to clean up all their disgusting hairballs and turds every morning. Gross.

Maybe not, but the males often spray a car, which is even worse.

...even on the warm motor. Ever seen a dead cat that jumped into the cooling fan. Whatta mess!

nb

Reply to
notbob

My puppy that lives at a buddys place is good for cating rodents. Especially Squirls. I won't keep animals at the shop. To many bad things could happen to them. So I like the wild cats that choise to live in the danger zone.

3 guy sharing a shop. Results in left over food, even pizza. Toss it outside and they cats, birds, ground hogs and such will have it gone in 12 hours.

Since we part cars out and crush whats left, we produce very little trash to be hauled off. Since at the crusher they will accept any car part inside a vehical.

All food wrappers, and the like goes in the wood burning stove. We recycle aluminum & copper.

That just leaves the beer bottles. If I only could find an amimal that ate glass.. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

the 4 cats I have had at home were either nutered or spiad for the reason of high population. All were strays we took in. The oldest one lived to be 19 years old. In good shape till the last 2 months.

The wild cats around the shop, you can't touch, let alone catch to do anything like that with.

When I had indoor/outdoor cats at home, I have very few problems with that.

I had more problems with my cats getting battle scars, and having to spend around $150 on each of them per year getting said battle wounds taken care of. One of the female cats had a thing for killing raccoons.

Only time I had that happen it was on of my cats at home. 2 weeks after he had his balls clipped. His way of showing me he was mad at me.

I haven't got any caught in a motor or fan yet. At home I used to bump the starter for a second before starting the car. That way the cats would run.

At the shop in the winter I started a truck we had been driving, and saw 3 cats exit ASAP. I poped the hood after turning the engine off and saw no traces of ground cat. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

"GLK9MM" But they piss the hell out of me when I'm typing

lol i have that problem everyday

--

S.S.I.N.

"Overlord"

had a dog like that once. we trained him to hunt the grass for bugs. he was never bored.you should have seen him when ants tried to build a nest. he'd squish them,stomp them and piss on the nest.

he knew it was his job to keep everything out no matter how small or big.

--

S.S.I.N.