Thermostat replacement 1995 3.4L

Page 3 of 3

In fact, they are so good at hunting birds, rising cat populations are starting to impact some bird species. Not a good thing.

But, they can be disgusting. Feral cats used to crap undigested ground squirrel fur, teeth, and eyeballs all over the picnic area of a park I worked at. We had to clean up all their disgusting hairballs and turds every morning. Gross.

Maybe not, but the males often spray a car, which is even worse.

...even on the warm motor. Ever seen a dead cat that jumped into the cooling fan. Whatta mess!
nb
--
Be considerate of others and
trim your posts. Thank you.

the 4 cats I have had at home were either nutered or spiad for the reason of high population. All were strays we took in. The oldest one lived to be 19 years old. In good shape till the last 2 months.
The wild cats around the shop, you can't touch, let alone catch to do anything like that with.

When I had indoor/outdoor cats at home, I have very few problems with that.
I had more problems with my cats getting battle scars, and having to spend around $150 on each of them per year getting said battle wounds taken care of. One of the female cats had a thing for killing raccoons.

Only time I had that happen it was on of my cats at home. 2 weeks after he had his balls clipped. His way of showing me he was mad at me.

I haven't got any caught in a motor or fan yet. At home I used to bump the starter for a second before starting the car. That way the cats would run.
At the shop in the winter I started a truck we had been driving, and saw 3 cats exit ASAP. I poped the hood after turning the engine off and saw no traces of ground cat. Charles
notbob wrote: <snip>

Dude, you ain't kidding. Not even steam and fabreeze can get it completely gone. <shudder>
You have a nasty attitude!
Not that we have a bad sense of humor!
Piss up a rope, and then fuck off and eat shiite!
Refinish King

Yeah, you don't have to "like" cats, but its wise to at least be humane to them - doing otherwise is generally bad Karma, and I don't really believe in that stuff, but after you see enough old people (family and relatives) come unglued about fluffy's, and if you see how they actually hold old peoples lives together (some only have cats to live for) you will know what I mean. (your life, and outlook towards cats changes after 40)

and death by glycol is actually quite painful. it destroys the kidneys and the animal slowly dies. not very humane.
just shoot them in the head instead
I have lived on a farm and in the city. I've seen cats get sick as they get old at which point we put them down....they get to about 16 or so before they should be shot. but I've never seen cats carrying nasty diseases except for worms.
same for dogs. except farm dogs are always looking for a chance to cover you in dirt and slobber
-- http://crazyedmonton.no-ip.com
--
I am the darkest creation of god

OK, how do I take the air-intake(?) off? It's the cast AL part on top of the engine. It appears to have some O2 sensors in it.
Thanks, Johnny
One thing that takes me aback?
Why mess with people when they are here for help?
When other's or yourself needs help, do most of the regulars mess with you? I think it's rather immoral to step on someone when they're down, I try to do atleast one, if not more random act of kindness a day.
Refinish King

That's OK, I think I can take it. Actually I have replaced thermostats before on the irrigation engines and tractors on the farm. It's all this computer shit on the cars that I would like to be careful with.
How do you take that thing off the top of the engine that is blocking the thermostat?
Also, there some list of "Pimp My Ride...Myself" sites for the 4th gen fbodys?
Many thanks.
Johnny

Johnny wrote:

Don't worry Jhonny. From one farm boy to another, I think it's pretty obvious that I haven't directed any of my comments at you.
(Obvious at least to those capable of reading the english language.)
Mr Wizzard wrote:

what they said. ;) there might be bleed screws on the V6's as well that need to be opened to get the air out. The V8's have 'em. You do that part after you follow S.S.I.N's instructions. ;)