Tuned Port Injection Lower Intake compatibility

I was wondering if I can make an 87-88 lower intake work on an 89. Because the only difference I can see is the cold start sensor on the 87-88. Could I just not use the sensor and it would be like an 89
intake? Does any one know the difference with the TPI lower intakes and what I can make work on my car?
You'd have to plug the cold start injector hole (or leave the injector in and don't plug it into anything). I don't remember what year they switched to center-bolt valve covers, but if your '89 is, then one of the manifold bolt holes won't line up. I've never had one of each side by side to see if the hole is drillable or not.
-rev