V6 or V8 - help me decide

I need another car like I need a third testicle.

Ray

80 Trans Am Project Car 76 Camaro Dirt Track Stock Car 01 Trans Am Ram Air (12.18 with nitrous) 90 Beretta (wife's car) 90 Chevy 1/2 Ton 4x4

:)

Reply to
ray

Ha I Got you beat by a Mile! Charles

78 Nova future undecided 84 C-10 Piup up doing a body swap on to a 82 K-10 frame 85 Ford Ranger Cheep Trail Truck Project (still haven't spent over $150 on it, plan to compleate for under $500) 85 T/A awaiting restifaction 87 GTA awaiting afidavid of title 87 Cavalier Z-24 89 GMC S-15 Jimmy (aka the blazer) 91 S-10 Extended Cab 4x4 Pick Up project 91 C-2500 6 lug 98 Buick Century Plus 2 ugly 2 toyota's i have decided just to fix and sell.
Reply to
Charles Bendig

jebus... ok, in my yard I also have...

86 S15 Jimmy w/no engine - my old winter beater and rusted to heck... going to part it out... 86 Hyundai Excel - the car I took my driver's test in. I also have a 305 I blew up, a seized 305, a seized 350, and a 4 bolt 350 to be rebuilt for the race car. One blown TH350, one working Pontiac TH350, and one mystery TH350 and one TH200.

Hey, do they make fiberglass bodies for the S Series Jimmy/Blazer? The frame is good, the body is rotten. Hmmm... maybe I need another project. ;)

Ray

Reply to
news

At current I keep all but one or two at home, the rest at my shop. Most of the time I try to save the Century for highway driving, or running family around in.

As for 'Glass bodies for S-10's I have not ever seen one. Although they are not that hard to change bodies on. The only differance between 2WD and 4WD bodies are the transfer case cut out. Some older 2WD bodies have a removilble cover plate. Others you have to cut out.

A V8 S-10 can be fun. With a lift and 33x10.50x15 tires, and a locker in the back. You aught not get stuck often. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I'm thinking of keeping the Jimmy for a dedicated offroad vehicle. (I'm sure glad my wife doesn't go to aacf and read this. ;)

It was a driver until it basically fell apart in one week - driver's door latch, the AC bracket was held on by two broken bolts, the EGR cracked in half (plastic), the clutch was down to the rivets, and you can pretty much see through the quarter panels. Traded the engine to my uncle for "future considerations" (small block chevy or TH350) and parked it.

It was a great winter truck, it just ended up a total rustbucket. But for offroading, who cares about body rot? I'll get my welder buddy to build a basic cage, we'll drop in a smallblock and go breakin' stuff.

:)

Ray

Reply to
news

If it's gonna be a trail truck, you have a good start. Get some inner fenderwells from a old rotted out 73 to 91 Full Size blazer or pick up. Weld them in. Trim your quarter paniels, and you can fit larger tires in the back with out having to do a suspension or body lift. With the SBC in a 4x4 I recommed a 2 inch body lift. It makes things eaiser to fit in. On the front get a second set of fenders. with some chopping and welding you can flair them out to clear larger tires, and trim the dog legs to aviod body rub. If your lucky with a 2 inch body lift and some trail mods 33x10.50x15's aught to work.

Just remember 2.8V6 and 4 cylinders use a different bellhousing bolt pattern then 4.3 V6 & V8's. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig