V6 or V8 - help me decide

Page 3 of 3
news wrote:

    At current I keep all but one or two at home, the rest at my shop. Most of the time I try to save the Century for highway driving, or running family around in.
    As for 'Glass bodies for S-10's I have not ever seen one. Although they are not that hard to change bodies on. The only differance between 2WD and 4WD bodies are the transfer case cut out. Some older 2WD bodies have a removilble cover plate. Others you have to cut out.
    A V8 S-10 can be fun. With a lift and 33x10.50x15 tires, and a locker in the back. You aught not get stuck often. Charles
Charles Bendig wrote:

I'm thinking of keeping the Jimmy for a dedicated offroad vehicle. (I'm sure glad my wife doesn't go to aacf and read this. ;)
It was a driver until it basically fell apart in one week - driver's door latch, the AC bracket was held on by two broken bolts, the EGR cracked in half (plastic), the clutch was down to the rivets, and you can pretty much see through the quarter panels. Traded the engine to my uncle for "future considerations" (small block chevy or TH350) and parked it.
It was a great winter truck, it just ended up a total rustbucket. But for offroading, who cares about body rot? I'll get my welder buddy to build a basic cage, we'll drop in a smallblock and go breakin' stuff.
:)
Ray
news wrote:

    If it's gonna be a trail truck, you have a good start. Get some inner fenderwells from a old rotted out 73 to 91 Full Size blazer or pick up. Weld them in. Trim your quarter paniels, and you can fit larger tires in the back with out having to do a suspension or body lift. With the SBC in a 4x4 I recommed a 2 inch body lift. It makes things eaiser to fit in. On the front get a second set of fenders. with some chopping and welding you can flair them out to clear larger tires, and trim the dog legs to aviod body rub. If your lucky with a 2 inch body lift and some trail mods 33x10.50x15's aught to work.
    Just remember 2.8V6 and 4 cylinders use a different bellhousing bolt pattern then 4.3 V6 & V8's. Charles
Georg Hanuschik wrote:

btw, there's a couple of different sizes for gallons.... I'm using the "small" US gallon (3.78L) vs the "big" gallon of 4.54 L. (otherwise it would be over 40MPG... which is hard to believe, but if anyone wants it, I'll email them the whole spreadsheet of 134 fills...)

If you're worried about speeding tickets do a little research. There are ways of minimizing your chances of getting cought. Check out the forums, you'll probably find all there is to know about speeding there.
http://www.radardetector.net /
Oh, and BTW, go for V8 ;-)
I've got both, a v6 and a v8 F body.......got the second one because I "settled" on the first.....get the v8.