Value of 327 Heads?

Hi,

I know nothing about motors. A guy that owes me $200.00 has offered me in payment three 327 heads. He tells me that they are 327 fueler heads with casting numbers of 291 and are 325 horsepower with 64cc combustion chambers. They have been hot tanked and have surface rust on.

I would appreciate any input from knowledgable persons as to their worth.

Thanks,

Jeff

I_Have snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

What Ever

$200 is high for 3 heads,,, 3 pairs of heads would be OK

take the heads and a $100

Reply to
I'm Right

I have a pair of 63' 327 Fuelie heads 64 cc chambers. Had them rebuilt with all new seats, bronze valve guides, I pinned the studs, Manley Valves 1.94"/1.6", and decked strait. I doubt that I could get enough for them to cover the cost of what you would have to pay for the rebuild. Not that they are going anywhere.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

At one time the old "Fulie Heads" were considered the hot setup for a small block Chevy, but nowadays they are really nothing special. If they are set up with the 2.02" intake and the 1.60" exhaust valves, and they are ready to run, they might be worth something to someone who is restoring an Chevy from the 60's, otherwise they are pretty much a dime-a-dozen.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Thank You so Much for the input I'mright, Ron and Gary. I Greatly Appreciate it.