WANTED 3rd Gen 1982 Rear Tail Gate Glass. UK only.

Hi all. Anyone got a Rear Tail Gate and Glass for a Firebird Trans-am 1982 Knight Rider shape. Im not bothered what Spoiler it has or dosent have. Only mines Just exploded when I was Using a power Buffer on the front wing !!. Guess the Vibration was just at the right friquencey to pop the bloody thing. Im well pissed off. Any Colour will do with or without the Read De-fogger. Preffer if you could deliver it to Sheffield in the UK. Would Pay for the Expences. But I Can Collect.

Any idea where to get one from if you dont have one to offer.

Why does it always happen to ME ?? Im still in shock, after this flamin thing. It whent off like a flamin Bomb. Ive been treating the tailgate with kid gloves all this time. And it still goes and explodes on me. Only Just fitted the new Carpets too. No double Ill be finding Glass for year to come now. Prices and Locations please.

Regards Wombat.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

The same thing happened to my Camaro.. except one of the lifts failed and it came crashing down on my arm and shattered... my insurance covered all but the $100 deductable... a $1200 window... if your insurance but you could always scour the yards... any 3rd gen f-body rear window should fit.

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula
1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Hi dude, That sounds bad. Trouble is my car aint insured yet. Its not yet on the road, as it was in a realy poor state, and needed a heafty amount of work doing on it. The works almost done now, and I was almost ready to get it Insured. ! Ironic I know. I had a similar thing happen on my Rover about 7yrs ago, the heated rear screen wire had fallen of and Id repaired it with a soldering iron. Was working under the bonnet with my father Nothing to do with the rear. and it just blewup!. We thought someone had shot it with a gun. Think it must have weekend it. But my Trans-am was fine. Id been very very carefull with it as I know it could happen from my last experience. I think there was 3 reasons, 1 the boot was jammed down with loads of pannels and parts inside instead of leaving it a jar. and 2 the pollishing mops vibration. 3 id had the rear screen out last year to paint under it and de-rust it, and I think there may have been some slight tension in the hings. All in all its a pain in the ass. Its happend and I cant do a damn thing about it. :-( Apart from either buying a new screen, or a compleete donar car. which might be the route i take as it may save me a fortune in parts.

Regards Wombat. well fecked off. !!

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

Another Ironic thing. I did manage to get a glass Like finish on my front wing though. !! :-) Shit happens.

Ill get all the buffing done before I get a new Part. What else can blow up !! Regards Wombat. Now sick as a Pig.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

As far as you trying to get everything clean... my back window shattered 6 years ago.. and after 4 COMPLETE cleanings and multiple minor ones.. I am STILL finding glass in my car...

But If you scour the junk.. err.. salvage yards.. newspapers.. or evilbay.. you should be able to get ahold of a rear hatch for a very resonable price.. I've seen LOTS of them for less than $100... most of them were for $20. Bought mine for another car for $.99 on evil bay.. just needed to go pick it up. But good luck with the car.

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula
1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Hi all

Ya Ive managed to find 2 that arnt that far away. Thank God.!! Both were around the £200 mark. 1 is the correct type and even the correct colour ! But its the furthest away. The other is from an 88 type. The one with the spoiler that goes right around the bottom of the glass. The guy thinks its molded on.? I dunno as Ive not looked at one of those type before. Either was Ive still got to sort out some form of collection, as it wont fit in the boot of my UK Car. One guy (Steve from Oldcott Motors) Said he would stick it in the back of his Pickup, and drop it off for a small fee. Ive not hurd back from him yet about that small fee ! :-/ His was the correct type, But its nice to know the prices are affordable. I guess its bacause they are no Use to anybody in the UK apart from us folks. Which is nice to see that everyone looks after each other. Think Ill give him my old standard Nosecone when he arrives, if he wants it. Its no good to me as Ive got the KITT one now. Somebody out there in the UK may need an original nose for a crashed/restoration. I did toy with the idea of cleaning it up and hanging it on the wall. May still do that. Dunno. I May actualy buy both the real gates and keep one as spare, as Ive been scared of it popping all the time ive had the car. Then I wont feel guilty for chosing one guy over another. Ill have to start saving up my poket money though if I do go do that.

Well Ive finished the Polishing of the painted areas. They now look like a factory finish. Nice glass like reflection. Still got to do the rear bumper again, and the bonnet again. Rear bumper has some deap marks in it, so it will need some serous flatting to remove that. The Bonnet needs even more welding, as it was totaly rotten, and i though that the tiny tiny holes would fill. I was wrong. They arnt realy noticeable, but I no they are there, and its driving me potty. I might even moddify the metalwork again for my scanner. You see ive had to rebuild ALL of the front underside of the bonnet skin, as it was all rotted away. Took about 4 Days to do all the sandblasting and pannel repairs, on the bonnet alone. Now Ive got to modify it again. !! Another daunting task, that I love. :-)

Best update my website with some more lovely pictures soon, and replace those that you can see the crappy orange peals on.

Regards Wombat.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

Hi all Still Looking though. Not hurd back from Steve at Oldcotts Motors as yet, So I might still be buying the other one. I just aint sorted any Transport for it yet. Ayone who can deliver one for the same price let me know. Preffer the type thats NOT got the molded on spoiler and brake light. Save me having to swap it over for my old one. May consider Just the glass too. But would still need it delivering, as My UK Car aint up to the collection.

Regards Wombat.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

I don't know why you don't like the wrap around spoiler IMO it makes the car look much more thick instead of long. More muscular if you get my meaning.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Hi Ron.

Yes your right, but I`m making a K.I.T.T. And thats why its got to look the part. Ive Just spent several Hundred Pounds importing a PMD Seat and Seat Covers from USA and Italy. Also an awful lot of money on the Nose Cone and Dash. Im realy annoyed that I`ve broken the original glass. I think Ill be getting the one with that spoiler on though, but will take it off. The other guy (Steve from Oldcott Motors UK) who offered to deliver the correct type has not got back in touch, so I wont be giving him my money. Which is a shame as it would have been much easyer for me, but Im not the sort to take the easy wrought. :-) Plus the one with the spoiler is more local, and Ive delt with them in the past. I used to buy things from them when they were in a totaly different place. Before they moved to there new location which is a little further away, but still more local than out of town.

Ive just added some more photos of my Knight Rider Project to my website, if you folks want to go look.

Regards Wombat.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

You know what? I knew that you were making a KITT car and totally disregarded it. Sorry. Good luck with the recreation.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

Hi all Ive Just Stripped down what was left of the tailgate, and Cleaned it up. So anyone who can supply A New Rear Glass only or with Heated Rear Please get in touch. Obviously it would have to be a UK only Supplier.

May Not need to deliver it now.

Thanks Reagards Wombat.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

Now Ive got None.

The wanker in sheffield went and sold it. Steve at Oldcott Motors UK also has not got back to me so Im guessing he's out to f*ck me over. the Wankler wont even respond to text messages. So much for the feeling that everyone is out to look out for one another. The UK market seems like a bunch of asshole out to screw you for every penny. More likely they are holding out to get hold of my car for spares. But Id rather spend a couple of grand and import one myself. Or buy another car for spare parts. No wonder you see so many on ebay for sale. they probly got sick of all the hastle they get from the UK markets, and Tax Men.

This story aint over.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

Hi all Well I managed to find one in the UK. and at a bargain price of £40. Ive now got it here at home. Thanks to a top bloke who even sold me a set of original Tan Interior parts. Top Stuff. Thanks again mate. You know who you are. :-)

Regards Wombat.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS

No need for one now. I Got one from a chap in the UK for only £40. TOP BLOKE. Thanks Again Mate, You Know who you are.

Regards Wombat.

Reply to
WombatPPC-NEWS