Wanted - Center Console for 95 TA

I've been searching websites in vain for a replacement center console for my '95 trans am. I am hoping to find one used - I'm trying to get the car ready to
sell, and the new ones are between $200 and $300. The only problem with the existing console is that some nitwit at Sears tried to plug their diagnostic equipment into the cigarette lighter and punched it right through the console. Any offers will be considered.
Oh and by the way, as soon as I get it cleaned up I'm selling it. Dark green with gray interior, T-tops, new engine seals, new master cylinder, nearly-new Z-rated tires, never been in an accident, runs great, all stock. Non-smoker (ashtray was used for storing quarters for the car wash :o). A bit of wear on the driver's seatback "wing". I will have the center console replaced and the interior thoroughly cleaned before sale. Otherwise excellent condition - oil changed every 3000, etc., never raced, most of the 124K miles were interstate or country roads. I'm selling because I bought a new 2004 Grand Prix GTP a couple of months ago and I just don't drive the TA any more - and I'm tired of paying insurance on a car I am not driving. Call me spoiled - I've already gotten enough speeding tickets in the TA, and the GP is still pretty nice on the road... I'm in northern Florida, Lake City / Gainesville area.
The return address is purposely munged. Contact me here or at snipped-for-privacy@atlantic.net (minus the NOSPAM, of course).
-Rich
Old Dog wrote:

Why isn't Sears replacing it?
who broke it was careful to place the lighter back into position. The ragged edges of the break were not visible without a careful inspection, but were sufficient to hold the lighter in place until I tried to use the plug for my GPS about a week later. Then of course it came right out of the console, socket and all, trailing the wires. There was no "snap" or feel of anything giving way; the plastic was completely separated right at the edge of the lighter socket's metal rim. I had to think back to the last time I knew it had been used - remembered seeing the equipment they were using for an electric system test, with a cigarette plug on the end of the power cord, and the guy crawling into the passenger seat to plug it in. I even remember thinking at the time it was odd that they would be doing any tests of the electrical system from inside the car.
BTW, I don't thing I mentioned - it's an automatic.
-Rich
who broke it was careful to place the lighter back into position.

inspection, but

for
console,
anything
had
electric
guy
at the

system from

Allot of Snap-On, OTC, SPX, & Mac scan tools are powered off the cars electrical system. Most of them have a cigarette lighter plug in, and an adaptor for that to connect to the battery if needed.
So seeing a repair tech plugging in to the ALDL & the lighter is not strange. Charles
Sears Automotive employee. I was stuck in the mall parking lot with a dead battery and they were the closest place. Still kicking myself for that one...
-Rich
Sears

battery and

If your battery was dead then I don't know what they thought they were doing. Unless they wanted to test ECM function after they put a new battery in. As for the people that work at such places. I would not let them look at my car in a parking lot. It's bad enough having a car with warrantee and letting the idiots at the dealership near it. Charles