Wanting to replace engine - 93 Firbird 6 Cyl

Page 2 of 2
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

3.8 V6(231 C.I.) is I-4 thru V6 Bell housing bolt pattern. The ONLY V6 GM Makes that is V8 Bell housing Bolt Pattern is the Chevy 4.3 V6 Gas engine. Which uses a Modified 350 casting Mold. This was done since it was meant to be a Light Truck Engine (even though some cars used it).
    All Chevy V8's are 90 Degree Engine. Charles
snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Also, I need a new Center Carrier Bearing, and every time I go somewhere to get one ordered, I get a funny ass look, and they dont know what Im talking about. Does anyone know of anywhere to get parts for this car, and people will know what I am talking about?
Thanks, Adams
For custom stereo equipment, I've been doing a lot of shopping around myself, and I've found a seller on eBay that sells custom fitted sub boxes that will fit in the hatch where the T-tops usually go. The boxes he sells are priced really cheap; I'll post a link for you. http://search.stores.ebay.com/STEREOINSTALLPARTS_firebird_W0QQfciZ6QQfclZ3QQfsnZSTEREOINSTALLPARTSQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQfsubZQ2d999QQftsZ2QQsaselZ36951750QQsofpZ0
Another suggestion would be to definitely join at least one F-Body club; many of these groups do "group buys" where a custom shop will offer discount rates to the club members; a group I'm in gets the eibach pro lowering springs for $40 cheaper than regular retail price...
FBodyFreak wrote:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/STEREOINSTALLPARTS_firebird_W0QQfciZ6QQfclZ3QQfsnZSTEREOINSTALLPARTSQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQfsubZQ2d999QQftsZ2QQsaselZ36951750QQsofpZ0
You are the Man!!!
Adams