What about a 5th Gen Firebird??

Let me get this started. Has anyone heard about plans for a 5th Generation Firebird since it looks like the 08 Camaro is a go? There are PhotShop JPGs around the next of what a 5th Gen. Trans Am would
look like with retro hood scope, air extractors and 77/79 type split grill.
But, noting in the press. Just more and more on the 08 Camaro along with the Dodge resto (Charger?).
Know the Soltis is hot and so does the preview of the new G6 GT look good.
So, what are folks hearing out there on the net?
There are no plans for a new Firebird. They want to take Pontiac in a different direction. They want to try to go after the BMW market now. I wish them the best of luck with that!
Gary

Gary - KQ6RT wrote:

That's just too bad. I'd love it if they brought out a new Trans Am that looked even remotely like this:
http://transamrit.net/mirror/transam2003-70/www.rpi.edu/%257Eblydej/ShowCars.htm
--
Amrit
ICQ: 3173735

What do you mean? From '82 on they used the exact same engines.
Gary
Gary - KQ6RT wrote:

Even further, IIRC they shared more than just the engines after that point. Were they not pretty much the same car with different asthetics? Now mid to late 70's with the 455 that would be true of, but once we got into the third generation and beyond? Nope, the same car with different lines to the bodywork. Even the doors and such are interchangable, the differences are all cosmetic.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI

Many parts have been interchangeable on F-bodies right from the start. Front and rear sheet metal is about the only thing that wasn't interchangeable.