what kind of oil additive can avoid the engine oil leak?

sb tell me my used car have some of the engine oil leak, the simple way is to add some additive. who know what kind of oil additive is availabel? where
?
Andy
There is no additive that can stop a leak.
You must have the gasket or seal replaced. Then you need to work on your grammar and spelling.

I means the oil leak indecate burning oil in cylinder, the cylinder or the seal on the piston has some weared.

If you know where the leak is, it would be helpful in helping you. Otherwise, I would suggest that you fix the leak properly. Replace the gasket or seal. Any additives will just make your life harder in the future.
Andy wrote:

    No a leak means a gasket has failed. Not the oil Skirts on the pistons. Charles

You need to be specific. Does oil leak out of the engine (on the road) and you need to replace gasket, or into the cylider (and car is burning oil and smoking) and you need to replace valve gaskets. The aditive won't help either way.
So engine is burning oil. Then I'd have to agree with the guys here and say you have to replace valve seals. I really don't think it's that big repair job, or expensive.
Hi Nothegger,
Thursday June 09 2005, Nothegger writes to All:
> So engine is burning oil. Then I'd have to agree with the > guys here and say you have to replace valve seals. I really > don't think it's that big repair job, or expensive.
Want to bet?
... Sleep is an inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Oh c'mon..
That depends a lot on the engine. I thought he had a Chevy or Pontiac engine since he posted here. Compared to what kinds of mulfunction you can have, like warped crank, cracked piston rings, broken lifter, broken valve, cracked spring, not to mention they couse even further damage, I do think that a set of valve seals is relatively inexpensive. It depends on the engine how hard is to get to them...
Nothegger wrote:

    Changing valve stem seals on a OHV engine, with the hads installed, and in the engine in the vehical can be a royal pain. OHC engines just slightly less so, as valve lash settings are not a concern.
    Most of the time I would rather pull the heads, do the stem seal with the heads on a work bench. Yes this does cost more, yet any valve or head problems can be spotted & corrected.
    Sometimes Stemseals are blaimed for other issues as damamge, or 'colapsed' rings. As well as pistons with a hole in them. A piston with a hole in it will suck oil out of the sump, and pump it in to the exhaust system. Charles

All right, you made your point. But as Andy was saying, his engine is burning oil so that can have two couses: valve seals need replacement or piston rings don't seal well. And I said it was more likely the seals. I DO think that replacing piston rings is way more pain and expensive than valve seals. Not only you have to pull the heads but also rip apart the block and the rotating assembly (with the engine out of the vehicle of course). Compared to that stem seals ARE less complicated/expensive.
> Oh c'mon..
> That depends a lot on the engine. I thought he had a Chevy
On a Chev, yes agreed, it be pretty cheep. On a Ford or Toyota a lot more dollars. On a Dodge, farley cheep. Don't like Dodges, did a good made a good hemy tho. Kevin
... I Said NO to Drugs But They DIDN'T LISTEN...
> Oh c'mon..
> That depends a lot on the engine. I thought he had a Chevy
On a Chev, yes agreed, it be pretty cheep. On a Ford or Toyota a lot more dollars. On a Dodge, farley cheep. Don't like Dodges, did a good made a good hemy tho. Kevin
... I Said NO to Drugs But They DIDN'T LISTEN...
Nothegger wrote:

valve guides or the rings. And if the valve guides, whether it is just the seals or that the guides are worn. Fixing excessive oil use is often an expensive repair, and one should always prepare for the worst and then try to make it the best.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer