Wrong MAF?

I think my 1988 Camaro RS 2.8 has a MAF for a V8 on it.Are they different? How would the V6 run with the V8 MAF on it?

Reply to
hungry 103

I thought they were the same, but Autozone.com says differently. Not only that, the V6 sensor is $65 and the V8 sensor is $248!

Anyways, the ECM will probably go into backup-fuel-mode if the MAF sensor is incorrect and it will run terribly. I think that is one of the really essential sensors (like throttle position) that throw it into backup mode if there's a problem. Some sensors just keep it in open loop mode, set the check engine light, and still run decently.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light