Yes, another fusible link question !

I am replacing one of the FL's at the starter, on my 88 GTA.. I found a generic fusible link that is 14 awg, for GM cars.
I can't find what guage of wire this FL connects to. I am guessing it is 12
awg, but I can't see anyhting on the wire indicating the guage. The color of the wire is red or dark orange.
Anyone know what guage these wires at the starter are ?
Is 12 awg wire thicker than 14 awg ?
Thanks
says...

Lower the number the thicker the wire.
Dennis Smith
12 awg is definitely thicker than 14 awg. The smaller the number the heavier the gauge. The heavier the gauge the more current it will pass. Therefore using a different gauge wire is like using a different value fuse. Take the time to make sure you have the correct value. Otherwise you may still have problems. - Gary

12
of