01 Sport , strange ringing/squeal

I have an 01 4x4 Sport that recently, though not all the time started producing a strange kind of sound when in motion. It is a cross between a ringing and a squeal. This sound tends to increase in pitch as speed increases and is barely audible if at all at highway speeds. Breaking does not affect this sounds one way or the other. Kind of difficult to hear unless the window is open, but really audible if driving next to a building that reflects the sound back to the open window. Any thoughts? I don't think it is the brakes, maybe though. This truck still has extended warranty and I would like to have this address before it runs out, or something happens the REALLY causes some problems.

thanks Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

John Shoemaker