'02 airbag light on

Anybody have experience with the airbag light flashing on an 02 explorer? If goes through 10 sets of 3 flashes (3 flashes each time, then a pause, then 3 flashes, pause and so on..) I tried putting bulb grease on the connections under the seat but that didn't help. I also read it might be the seat belt tensioners (how hard to replace) or the sensor (probably don't want to mess with). Dealer wants to charge a fee to hook it up to the diagonostic tool rather than tell me what the code means.

Reply to
konawheels

The dealer stays in business by charging fees for services..... and, in all honesty, we have no documentation for lamp flashes. The scan tool puts the system through a predetermined self test routine that may reveal other faults.

The SRS is full of opportunities for injuring oneself and your... I mean 'the', dealer may not want to expose themselves to any possible liability from advice given. Likewise, Supplemental Restraint Systems is one area where I refuse to offer any advice other than to have the system serviced by someone trained and experienced in the system.

As it stands, if the DIYer doesn't injure him/herself, there remains the possibility that the system may still not perform as expected in an unfortunate event.

Sorry.

Reply to
Jim Warman

If I were the original owner, I would take it back to the selling dealer, and ask for some factory assistance, since it's a safety issue. As for the fee charged, Jim is right. Besides, the charge is small when you consider the cost if the system fails when that oncoming driver meets you. wth

Reply to
wth

Thank you for your opinions, everybody got one..

Now, back > The dealer stays in business by charging fees for services..... and, in

Reply to
konawheels